Join Reid as our new International Sales Executive
Reid Bikes own and operate their own brand of bikes which are currently distributed in over 20 countries around the world. We also design and manufacture bikes for several other brands, retail groups and distributors. Our own internal pillars are service, quality and price, and we aim to excel at all three. Our brand belief is that ‘freedom is key’.
Reid Bikes are looking for a talented and experienced International Sales Executive to join our passionate team in Poole, Dorset. This is an exciting opportunity, and a very exciting time for Reid, as we have recently launched several new product categories including eScooters and watersports products, to compliment our globally recognised bike and ebike range. This is an international role, so (in non-Covid times) regular overseas travel and often working outside of normal office hours for calls with clients and prospects in different time zones is part of the role.
Responsibilities for the International Sales Executive
- Growing a number of international accounts which will be assigned to the successful candidate upon starting
- Prospecting to create new relationships with distributors and retail chains in new international markets. This is a major part of the role
- Tracking all sales and client prospecting in our CRM system, and reporting on them to the International Sales Manager
- Provide strategic direction for the brand in international markets you manage, inline with global brand goals
- Approach global hotel and leisure chains to see if there is opportunity to help them provide Reid sport and leisure products for their customers, working on bespoke solutions
- Negotiate distribution agreements with clients through to signing, and ensure a long term and profitable relationship
- Work with our marketing team to successfully launch the brand into new markets, and to launch new products into current markets
- Understand the supply chain and manufacturing challenges in what we do to ensure end to end knowledge of delivering product from listening to a client’s requirements, through to delivering a solution and service that exceeds expectations
- Have an understanding of the true profitability of a client, and be familiar working with client budgets, and profit and loss reports
- Travelling overseas to build and strengthen relationships with clients in their home markets, and attend international trade fairs throughout the year (within current travel rules)
- Work on clients’ time zones, so early morning calls or evening calls are required sometimes. Reid offer flexibility with this in mind
Skills and experience we are looking for in an International Sales Executive
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in international sales
- Proven sales track record, growing accounts as well as building new ones
- Proven track record of prospecting for new clients in international markets
- A background in outdoor sports or leisure products preferred
- Confidence representing a brand in international markets and delivering presentations on new products as well as video presentation due to current travel restrictions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, most importantly; listening
Benefits on offer for the successful candidate
- Competitive base salary depending on experience circa £30,000
- Uncapped commission based on gross profit, with the real ability to earn over £45,000 in year one
- Competitive holiday plus public holidays
- Flexible working hours inline with company requirements
- Small but passionate team environment in a open, light and recently built office in Poole close to local nature reserve
If you feel that you are the right fit for our business and have the skills and experience we are looking for to fulfil all the listed responsibilities, please apply below. Note that although there is international travel, this is still an office-based role, as team work and collaboration is very important to us. You must be able to work Monday – Friday in our Poole office when UK based.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.