Join Reid as our new Supply Chain Analyst
Reid Bikes own and operate their own brand of bikes which are currently distributed in over 20 countries around the world. We also design and manufacture bikes for several other brands, retail groups and distributors. Our own internal pillars are service, quality and price, and we aim to excel at all three. Our brand belief is that ‘freedom is key’.
Reid Bikes Limited are looking for a highly experienced, professional and knowledgeable Supply Chain Analyst to join their team at the brand’s international head office in Poole. Reid Bikes design, manufacture and distribute bikes, eBikes, scooters, eScooters, and water sports leisure products to over 30 countries around the world from our established factories and supply chain in China. We do this under our own Reid brand as well as designing and manufacturing for other brands. We have a strong and passionate team that has helped the business grow over 300% in the last 12 months and need another strong team player to help us to continue our journey. Due to Covid-19 the supply chain is less stable, and lead times are longer. When coupled with a tripling of units on order, we are resourcing this area of our business to ensure that we meet our client’s service expectations. The successful candidate will be working alongside our Supply Chain Manager and one other Supply Chain Analyst, with a shared Office Assistant resource. We also have a team of three staff at our China office who are managed by the UK team.
Responsibilities for the Supply Chain Analyst
- Placing purchase orders with factories after client signs their SO.
- Request PI’s and when received, check all details, sign and keep copy in relevant SO folder advising any deposits needing payment
- Ensuring the planned assembly dates on the proforma invoice from factories meet with our expectation and communicate these dates to distributor / client.
- Ensure factories / suppliers send through weekly production trackers, and update our internal tracker, notifying distributors / clients of any changes to the dates and updating our systems.
- Ensure container space is booked prior to assembly completion to ensure goods ship as quickly as possible once made. This requires liaising with distributors / clients, their forwarders, and the factory.
- Preparing shipping docs accurately and send to customer, tracking all details
- Liaising with Office Manager on PO payments and shipping reports to ensure all systems are up to date each week.
- Supply weekly reports on productions and any delays to Managing Director.
- Work closely with distributors / clients on warranty matters to solve them all as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
- Trips to our office and factories in China a couple of times per year (under normal circumstances – all overseas travel is cancelled currently due to Covid-19).
Benefits on offer for the successful candidate
- Competitive holiday plus public holidays
- Flexible working hours inline with company requirements
- Passionate team environment in a open, light and recently built office in Poole close to local nature reserve
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.